Saturday, March 15, 2014

.

Don't you wish you could see all of the patterns in life? I know they are everywhere, but I'm so caught up in the thick of living that I only catch glimpses of them out of the corner of my eye, or when I look up suddenly. I believe strongly that they are in all of the aspects. You hear about them in history. I have been seeing them in people's interactions. We really have no idea that we are doing carefully planned steps in a dance, but I swear we are. I want to choreograph ballets or make those weird, beautiful art films, because I want to capture those dances and say, "Here! Look! This is happening! This is magnificent!"
 

There is a circle of people around a man telling a joke. They lean in, slowly, closer and closer, so that you can see the progression of the story he tells. Closer, closer, slowly, slowly, and then burst! Fling back the shoulders, tip back the head, laugh loud and bright, like a flower blooming

Hungry, shopping for groceries. Push a heavy cart down a dull isle of frozen food. Stand long in front of the glass, surveying the too many choices, too hungry to decide. Chicken in front, pizza behind. Here comes another, from the other end, pushing the dull cart through the heavy isle. Stops for the pizza, too hungry to decide quickly. Back to back, bored and starving. Open the door with the little blop sound. Pick something with dissatisfaction. The door behind opens with a blop. Slow decision with the waft of too cold air. Blop, blop, the doors close. With squeak of shoe and wheels in need of oiling, the carts roll apart, heavy, pushed, evenly and opposite.


It's a dance. We can't see it for the punch line and the growling stomach, but we are dancing through our lives, graceful and ignorant.

No comments:

Post a Comment