Thursday, March 20, 2014

.

Isn't music strange? I don't know how to fathom it, and possessing as much as the next the human weakness of being unable to handle what they do not understand, sometimes I am frightened by it. Only when I think about it. The rest of the time I am drawn by it and enveloped in its beauty and quite happy until I try to figure it out. It is everything. And nothing. It can be anything, any emotion, and move you more dramatically than anything else. And yet it isn't anything in particular. Unless you put words to it, it doesn't mean anything you can say. It is distilled emotion. Or is it different to other people? I often wonder, because I don't understand it. And it is too decidedly present tense, which muddles me even more. I don't know what to do with the progression of time. Music makes it more obvious. But here I am thinking about it too much. Thad is reading over my shoulder and telling me I am indeed thinking too much, and we ought to dance instead. So he's changing the music from whatever contemplative piece he has going right now (I can never remember piece names) to infectious dance music. 

So long. I must dance. I will tell you more of what we are doing soon. For now, it is just going to be dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment