Tuesday, February 25, 2014

.

I have been carefully reviewing my life, and find that I have been quite wrong about it all along. I lived under the assumption that my life is normal and boring. Maybe it isn't that my life isn't normal. Maybe it's my definition of normal. I believe the cause of whatever my misinterpretation is created by the joint influences of having a phlegmatic temperament and being a rather horrible storyteller verbally. Oh, and my memory isn't anything significant, either. So when odd things happen to me, I forget they aren't the sort of thing that happens normally because I have little emotional response, and immediately after I forget about them because I don't tell them to anyone, and then I just plain forget forever. But I have experienced many remarkable things, and I'll tell them to you, if I ever can conjure up some memory. They've been happening all my life, not just this past year, and I just didn't have eyes to see them. But maybe they happen to everyone, all the dramatic coincidences and weird, delightful interactions with strangers. Maybe only some have the gift of presenting them with enough fanfare to make them seem out of the ordinary. We all of us have such clouded eyes.

I just baked cookies and have eaten an unfortunate amount. Thad is supposed to be helping me learn self control, but he brought the pan in and put it on the couch next to me instead.

I have such a plethora of thoughts that they all together switch back and forth between all crowding forward and all hiding behind each other. Not much has been happening here, and so I don't have much to say, as my thoughts are on the decline at the moment. I asked Thad if he had anything he thought I should write about, and he said, "Please pass the cookies." He's drawing up the blueprint for some idea, but I can't tell what it is yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment